Welcome to The Lavender Hen Supper Club – based in Virginia Water, Surrey
Clearly due to current restrictions we are unable to open the Supper Club at this time. We are keeping the situation under review and are following any changes to guidelines and health advice. While the situation remains uncertain we are still taking bookings for mid-July events onwards in the hope that restrictions will be lifted sufficiently to enable us to hold some events. The following are precautions that we will or could put in place to enable events subject to advice at the time:
- No deposits for future bookings are required at time of booking – we will ask for full payment 7 days prior to the event should the event go ahead.
- For shared Supper Club events we will temporarily be reducing our capacity to a maximum of 10 people (normally 20) to in order to ensure distance between guests. Private event capacity will be subject to discussion with the event organiser and will be guided by government advice at the time.
- Serving staff will wear masks and disposable gloves when in contact with guests.
- All food will be individually portioned and plated to avoid use of shared utensils.
- The Supper Club will, of course, be thoroughly cleaned and disinfected prior to every event.
- Alternative arrangements may be put in place to hold events in the garden (subject to weather) with either hot/cold bowl food being served and with social distancing measures in place.
These measures and restrictions will be kept under review and may be relaxed if advice changes.
The Supper Club
Running since 2012 the Supper Club provides a unique experience. Based in our beautiful summer house we offer a 5 course set menu on pre-published dates for £45 per head. You bring your own wine and/or other alcoholic drinks (we don’t charge corkage). Menus will be chosen by Suzanne to feature local and seasonal ingredients but you can expect extensive use of local game as well as influences and spices from around the world. The Supper Club caters for vegetarians/pescatarians and most food allergies and intolerances. Please let us know about any restrictions at the time of booking. We regret that due to the nature of our kitchen and the Supper Club we cannot cater for severe nut allergies or individual preferences/dislikes at open/public Supper Club events.
The evening begins at 7:30 with a welcome complimentary glass of Prosecco (or soft drink) and canapes on the patio (weather permitting) whilst we open or chill your own wine, afterwards moving into the summer house for a five course menu at 8:15pm, we aim to serve coffee at 10:30-10:45pm. We aim to close no later than 11:30pm and ask our guests to vacate by midnight.
Private parties and events
The Supper Club is also available for private parties and events. You name the date (Monday – Saturday), get exclusive use of the Supper Club for you and your friends/family/associates and choose the menu for £55 per head (subject to a minimum charge of 14 people). Private Supper Clubs may continue to 1am although we do ask that you respect our neighbours and keep any music to a reasonable level after midnight.
We look forward to welcoming you.
New Dates for 2020
May 9th – Booked for private event – Rescheduled
May 16th – Booked for private event – Rescheduled
June 12th – Cancelled due COVID-19
June 13th – Cancelled due COVID-19
July 4th – Cancelled due COVID-19
July 18th – Available
August 1st – Available
August 15th – Available
August 29th – Available
September 5th – Booked for private event.
September 12th – Booked for private event.
September 26th – Booked for private event.
Other dates will be uploaded subject to demand and availability or contact us if you are interested in midweek dates.
Menus will be uploaded as soon as possible but no later than 2 weeks prior to the event.
A deposit of £20 per person will be collected at the time of booking – this is non refundable if cancelled within 14 days of the event unless we can fill your places from a waiting list. The balance will be collected by bank transfer no less than 48 hours before the event.
If you like us, tell your friends